Somerville is a non-government, not for profit, youth, family and community welfare organisation based in the Northern Territory. Our mission is to impact positively on the dignity and quality of life of people who are affected by social and economic disadvantage.
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic person with a ‘can do’ attitude to join our family friendly, vibrant and dynamic team.
The primary focus for this position is to manage the organisation’s financial, accounting and information policies, procedures and systems including financial advice on all budgets, banking and financial management, grant management, monitoring of assets register and emergency relief funds, management of all ATO audit, compliance, internal controls and superannuation requirements, management of organisational audit and management of the No Interest Loans Scheme. The position also provides advice, support and education to Somerville Directors, Managers and Coordinators in the financial aspects of their respective responsibilities.
Our ideal candidate must demonstrate the following:
- Relevant qualifications/experience in financial and management of reporting, accounting, payroll and bookkeeping;
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge and skill in the use of software applications including the full range of current Microsoft Office programs, accounting applications and databases;
- Proven creative and effective management, leadership and teambuilding skills;
- Highly developed written and oral communication, negotiation, interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Highly developed organisational, time management, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to manage and meet the demands of multiple tasks, competing priorities and deadlines;
- Demonstrated high level of professionalism in the confidential management of all organisational, client and employee information;
An attractive remuneration package to be negotiated depending on qualifications, level of skill and experience of the successful applicant.
For more information please contact Lawson Broad on 89204100 or apply here online. Applicants are to complete a Somerville Employment Application Form, include an up to date resume and respond to the selection criteria in the job description.
Closing date: 1 June 2018
Somerville is an equal opportunity employer providing a smoke free environment and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.