Somerville is a non-government, not for profit, youth, family and community welfare organisation based in the Northern Territory. Our mission is to impact positively on the dignity and quality of life of people who are affected by social and economic disadvantage.
We are growing our high quality, personalised services to the Northern Territory community and exciting new opportunities are emerging for the right candidates. We are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic people with a 'can do' attitude to join our family friendly, vibrant and dynamic team.
There are full time, part time and casual positions available. The primary focus of these positions is to provide community based supported accommodation for people with disabilities. To work as part of a team to realise the needs, wants, desires and aspirations of the people we support.
Our ideal candidate must demonstrate the following:
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience working in human and community services;
- Experiencing supporting someone with high physical support needs
- Able to demonstrate an understanding the impact that disability has on a person’s life;
- Sound communication skills – verbal and written;
- Current Criminal History Check;
- Current Working With Children Clearance
- Current NT Drivers Licence
For more information please contact Manager, People & Culture on 8920 4100 or apply here online. Applicants are to complete a Somerville Employment Application Form, include an up to date resume and respond to the selection criteria in the job description.
Closing date: 16 February 2020
Somerville is an equal opportunity employer providing a smoke free environment and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.