Somerville is a non-government, not for profit, youth, family and community welfare organisation based in the Northern Territory. Our mission is to impact positively on the dignity and quality of life of people who are affected by social and economic disadvantage.
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic person with a ‘can do’ attitude to join our family friendly, vibrant and dynamic team.
Family Support Worker/Counsellors work with individuals and families to facilitate their participation in society at the greatest level to which they aspire and are capable of achieving; to assist clients to identify individual and family goals and seek to achieve enhancement of life skills and family and community relationships; and to assist individuals and families to gain access to community services and entitlements.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience working in human services;
- Experience in family and individual counselling, crisis intervention and working with children;
- Knowledge of family support practices and therapeutic processes that are congruent with strengths based approaches, particularly in relation to child protection, and domestic and family violence;
- Experience in family support work;
- Current Working With Children Clearance;
- Current Criminal History Check;
- Current NT Drivers Licence;
For more information please contact Debbie Bampton on 89204100 or apply here online. Applicants are to complete a Somerville Employment Application Form, include an up to date resume and respond to the selection criteria in the job description.
Somerville is an equal opportunity employer providing a smoke free environment and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.