Somerville is a non-government, not for profit, youth, family and community welfare organisation based in the Northern Territory. Our mission is to impact positively on the dignity and quality of life of people who are affected by social and economic disadvantage.
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic person with a ‘can do’ attitude to join our family friendly, vibrant and dynamic team.
The primary focus of this position is to provide a specialist financial counselling and financial literacy service with a focus on Problem Gambling. This service includes the provision of information, options, support and advocacy for individuals, couples, families, small businesses and groups and to assist individuals and families to gain access to community services and entitlements.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant qualifications and / or experience working in the finance area. Diploma in Community Services (Financial Counselling) desirable but not essential;
- Sound knowledge of consumer banking, financial systems and relevant legislation;
- Experience in financial assessments and budget planning;
- Relevant qualifications and / or experience working in human services;
- Demonstrated efficiency in the use of computer systems including word processing, spreadsheets, email, record management, database and business systems;
- Current Working With Children Clearance;
- Current Criminal History Check;
- Current NT Drivers License.
For more information please contact Greg Broadfoot on 89204100 or apply here online. Applicants are to complete a Somerville Employment Application Form, include an up to date resume and respond to the selection criteria in the job description.
Somerville is an equal opportunity employer providing a smoke free environment and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.