Somerville is a non-government, not for profit, youth, family and community welfare organisation based in the Northern Territory. Our mission is to impact positively on the dignity and quality of life of people who are affected by social and economic disadvantage.
We are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic people with a 'can do' attitude to join our family friendly, vibrant and dynamic team.
The primary focus of the position is to provide ongoing maintenance of all assets including vehicles, buildings, grounds and gardens owned and managed by Somerville to a high standard, ensuring they are operational and present well at all times.
Our ideal candidate must demonstrate the following:
- Advanced skills and experience in home maintenance, grounds & gardens
- Ability to work well with others in a cross cultural and diverse team
- Pro-active and able to work independently to a high standard
- Effective written and oral communication skills and computer literacy
- Commitment to Somerville mission and values
- Current First Aid Certificate;
- Current Criminal History Check;
- Current Working With Children Clearance;
- Vaccinations – Influenza, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B
- NT Drivers Licence
For more information please contact Alexandra Jeffares on 8920 4100 or apply here online. Applicants are to complete a Somerville Employment Application Form, include an up to date resume and respond to the selection criteria in the job description.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Candidates are encouraged to apply
Closing date: 9 February 2020
Somerville is an equal opportunity employer providing a smoke free environment and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.