Are you looking to live more independently?
Do you want to live in a beautifully appointed home with spacious gardens and a pool?
Do you want to be supported by a provider with a proven track record in high quality supports to people with disability?
Then let Somerville assist you to have “the courage to be …”
Somerville is expanding our housing offerings in Wagaman, with 2 new properties side by side with 3 vacancies available.
- In walking distance to Wagaman shops, Hibiscus Shopping Centre, Casuarina Plaza and bus stops.
- Both homes have 2 standard sized double bedrooms and 1 queen sized bedroom. Note: the queen sized room will be set up as an additional shared space for relaxing and entertaining
- The reticulated gardens are well appointed and will be maintained by Somerville.
- Each property has a large yard space which includes an outdoor setting under the veranda for friends, family and household meals and gatherings. There are two large outdoor fans for comfort during the build-up and wet season.
- One of the properties has a fenced pool.
- Each property has well-appointed standard bathrooms with no modifications (minor modifications such as hand rails can be added). The toilet is separate.
- The homes have open kitchen, lounge and dining areas.
- The laundry area is compact and fully equipped with domestic appliances.
- One of the properties has a lockable storage shed.
The properties are tastefully furnished and come with modern appliances.
All common area (and non-participant specific) property is provided and maintained by Somerville.
Please note all individualised bedroom furnishings and belongings are purchased by the participant.
Things of note:
- The properties are currently vacant and can be tenant ready in a matter of weeks
- Somerville staff are encouraging and motivating
- Staff have experience in working with people with communication difficulties
- Low staff to participant ratios
- Staffing will be arranged to meet participants needs
- It is envisaged that there are no overnight onsite staff at these properties but will have 24/7 contact support should it be required. This can be discussed further.
- Participant’s families and guardians are encouraged to be heavily involved in the home
If you think you know someone who would thrive in this environment and would like any further details please do not hesitate to contact Catherine Fairlie, Director of Disability Services on 8920 4100 or at CatherineF@somerville.org.au.
We look forward to hearing from you.